How to easily insert PDF files into a Word document | 8 Ways 
PDF and Word are the most widely used file formats that make our work and study much easier. And sometimes we need to import PDF files into Word to better present the fruits of our labor. Although creating a single PDF or Word file is a simple task, adding PDF to Word is much more challenging. However, this post will tell youHow to insert a PDF into Word?Document in 8 ways including copy, convert and paste objects/links/images.
Whether you want to use Microsoft Word, a third-party PDF editor, or Google Docs, you can find all the solutions in this post. In addition, Windows, Mac, and online methods are also covered. If you are interested in this question, please read on and look for suitable answers.
🕵️♀️ Table of contents
- Way 1. Add a PDF to Word Document copy and paste
- Way 2. How to Insert PDF File into Word FileConvert to Word
- Way 3. How to Insert a PDF in Word withGoogle documents
- Way 4. Attach PDF to Word as PDFembedded object
- Lane 5-6. How to import PDF files into Word asshortcut
- Lane 7-8. How to insert a PDF into Word asPictures
Way 1. Add PDF File to Word Document by Copy and Paste
Apply to selectable PDF with multiple pages.
If your PDF is clickable and only contains multiple pages,copy and pasteis the easiest way to add PDF to Word document. You can easily insert the PDF text and images on the first blank page of Word without using any software or converting. And then all you have to do is create a new Word documentCtrl C + Ctrl Vde Windows oCommand C + Commun Von Mac to copy and paste the PDF content into Word.
🐰Use: However, this method will not work if the PDF file is large and has multiple pages or is scanned/protected with the non-editable feature. And click here to find outHow to copy text from a protected PDF file.
Way 2. How to Insert PDF Files into Word File by Converting to Word
Apply to scanned/image-based PDF files with multiple pages.
Can't copy or paste the PDF content? No problem. You can still insert a PDF into Word by converting it to an editable format. You can do that, for exampleConvert PDF to Word, which adds the editable PDF to multiple Word pages at once. For convenience, you can use a professional PDF converter, e.gConvertidor PDF WorkinTool.
And WorkinTool PDF Converter is a lightweight and comprehensive PDF converter, editor and compressor. With it you can convert to/from PDFfreiNo quantity limit if you upload each file within 2MB. Besides, you don't have to worry about the operation level and the watermark problem, as only three steps can do the batch PDF conversion without watermark and quality loss.
📝 Let's watch the tutorial how to do it with WorkinTool
- Step 1.After downloading and installing WorkinTool PDF Converter, tapConvert to/from PDF > PDF to Word. Then select or drop your scanned PDF file.
- Step 2.Press theAdd fileClick the button to insert more PDF files if needed.
- Step 3.Change save location. Click onceConvertyou can get an editable PDF in no time. Finally, you can edit the converted PDF in Word format without breaking a sweat.
Way 3. How to insert PDF into Word using Google Docs
Suitable for people who have uploaded a PDF file to Google Drive.
If you want to import a PDF document into Word using Google Docs, it is not difficult to follow the steps below.Google documentsis the built-in function ofGoogle Drive, which allows you to collaborate, edit and archive files in real time on all platforms. With Google Docs, you can easily open an uploaded PDF and export it as a Word DOCX in seconds.
📝 Learn how to add PDF files to Word with Google Docs
- Step 1.Let's say you haven't uploaded your PDF to Google Drive. Press+ New > Data-Uploadto select the desired PDF file.
- Step 2.Right click on the newly uploaded PDF file and selectOpen with > Google Docsto convert PDF to Google Docs in seconds.
- Step 3.PressFile > Downloadand selectMicrosoft Word (.docx)as an export format.
Way 4. Attach PDF to Word as an embedded object
This is for when you want to add PDF files to Word without editing them and losing neither format nor quality.
If you want to use something other than third-party software to convert PDF to Word, there is another solution to insert PDF to Word DOC/DOCX successfully by using Word's built-in software.insert objectcharacteristic. With this tool, you can easily add PDF files to Word as an object element without losing formatting or quality. And the steps are super simple and we will go through them together.
🐰 Usage:However, you cannot edit or modify the PDF content, and the PDF page size may not fit in the Word margin.
📝 How to insert a PDF as embedded objects in Word
- Step 1.Create a new document in Microsoft Word. Then find the place where you want to add PDF pages.
- Step 2.Then clickInsert > Object > Create from File. then clickSearch…to find the desired PDF file.
- Step 3.PressOKto confirm the insertion of the PDF file.
Lane 5-6. How to import PDF as a link into Word
Applies to people who want the embedded PDF file to link to the source file.
If you want to see the subsequent changes made to the original files in the added PDF, you can try to paste the PDF as a linked object or the links into the Word document. In this way, you can paste the entire PDF into Word while keeping the original file connection. And that with two permits.
you use themInsert default objectFunction that only displays the file as an icon. While the other runs the PDF converter to convertPDF and HTMLand copy the url in word which will display the pdf file as a hyperlink. Whichever method you choose, the step-by-step instructions are explained in the next part.
📝 #Method 1. Insert PDF as linked object in Word
- Step 1.Open a Word document, and then move the cursor to where you want to insert a PDF file as a linked icon.
- Step 2.navigate toInsert > Object > Create from File. Then select the target PDF file in theSearch…Possibility.
- Step 3.Mark thelink to filejshow as icon. Then clickOKto attach PDF to PDF as a linked object.
🐰 Usage:1. How do I open the linked PDF file? Double-click to easily open the embedded PDF file. 2. For better effect, you can change the icon's size and position to fit your Word content.
✨The final effect of the linked object
📝 #Method 2. Insert PDF as URL with WorkinTool
- Step 1.Once you open WorkinTool PDF Converter go toConvert to/from PDF >PDF and HTML. And select the desired PDF file.
- Step 2.Tap onConvertButton. After the conversion, press the buttonOpen documentto view the PDF in the browser.
- Step 3.Copy and paste the URL into your Word file. And customize the font, size and location of the added URL.
✨The final effect of the pasted URL
Lane 7-8. How to insert a PDF as images into Word
Suitable for people who want a smaller file size after embedding.
In addition to the above methods, you can create a small word with embedded PDF pages as an image or screenshot. You can convert PDF to JPG/JPEG/PNG images first. Then easily add the converted photo to Word in a single page. Also, taking a screenshot is a great way to insert PDF files into a Word document like photos. However, the latter will be problematic if your PDF file spans multiple pages.
📝 #Method 1. Add PDF page as a single image withMacAdobe
- Step 1.Access the target PDF file in Adobe Acrobat. then clickFFile > Export To > Image > JEPG/JPEG 2000/TIFF/PNG.
- Step 2.Again select a folder to save to and then clickSave on computerconfirm.
- Step 3.You can drag the image from the PDF page into Word or click the buttonInsert > Images. And adjust position and size.
✨The final effect of the embedded PDF page image
📝 #Method 2. Add PDF as screenshot with Windows hotkey
- Step 1.Press theWinSymbol,Change, andSKeys on your keyboard to activate the Windows Snipping Tool.
- Step 2.Click on the first tool:rectangular cutoutto draw a rectangular box and take a screenshot of the desired PDF page. The captured photo is then automatically saved to the clipboard.
- Step 3.Go to the Word document and tapCtrl + Vto paste the screenshot where you want it.
✨The final effect of the embedded screenshot
frequently asked questions
🕓Can you insert a PDF into Word?
Yes, you can certainly insert a PDF into a Word document with or without Microsoft Word in most situations.
🕐 How to insert a PDF file into a Word document without losing the formatting?
There are several methods that can make it easier for you. You can add PDF to Word by copying and converting. Also, you can insert PDF files as embedded object, URL, linked object, image and screenshot.
🕤Why can't I insert a PDF into a Word document?
The following two reasons can contribute to PDF embedding failure.
- 📂 Do not close the PDF file:If you haven't closed the source PDF file yet, you'll get a warning and won't be able to paste it into Word as an object. However, if you close the PDF file, you can easily add PDF to Word document.
- 📲 Scanned PDF file:If your PDF file is image-based after scanning, you cannot insert it into Word by duplicating it because the text cannot be selected or copied. However, you can use WorkinTool's PDF to Word feature to make it editable.
🕐 How do I attach a PDF to a Word Online document?
If you want to attach a PDF to a Word document online for free, you can use the followingWorkinTool PDF Converter onlineswitch from PDF to Word without quality or time restrictions. Let's see how to do it online with WorkinTool
- Find firstPDF one wordtool inconvert toMenu. Then import your PDF file into the WorkinTool cloud.
- Second click+Icon to add more PDF files to convert. (Maximum 4 files at a time).
- Third: Once done, clickConvertjDownloadButtons to get the PDF file in Word format without losing the format.
The final result
In general, it is crucial for us to learnHow to insert a PDF into Word?Document easily without losing quality and format. And this post illustrates the 8 best ways to insert PDF into Word file effortlessly by copying, converting and pasting objects/links/photos. After reading this, you may have acquired the various skills of attaching PDF files to Word. Just choose the most suitable way to get a perfect Word document with embedded PDF!
✨ More WorkinTool features
|Embed PDF in Google Docs >>||Add text to PDF >>||Copy text from PDF >>|
|Insert PDF into PowerPoint >>||Insert PDF into Excel >>||Copy and paste from a PDF >>|
|Add images to PDF >>||Copy table from PDF to Excel >>||Extract Text from PDF >>|