- Hours per week:
- 26 and 38
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Department of Developmental Psychology
- Application deadline:
This chair is embedded in the sectiondevelopmental psychologyof theCollege of Social and Behavioral Sciencesat the University of Utrecht. We are looking for a tenured professor who is innovative in the field of diagnostics and/or treatment of children and adolescents and values teamwork. They are dedicated to the clinical training of psychology students and the establishment of close contacts in the professional field. The role includes the following domains:
- The chair is largely responsible for curriculum development and clinical training. You will contribute to further development and serve as a figurehead for the master's degree.Clinical Psychology for Children and Adolescents(and related courses in our core curriculum). This is a timely task given the ongoing efforts to reform the training of young mental health professionals in the Netherlands.
- The President has the potential to participate in (inter)national discussions in the professional field and/or in policy making. The chair has extensive experience working with clinical populations. A network of connections to clinical practice enables the candidate to represent the psychology of clinical development in the professional field. Close links to clinical practice enable the candidate to represent clinical developmental psychology in developments in the professional field. If you focus on the context of postgraduate psychiatric education in the Netherlands, a senior instructor role requires clinical certifications in the so-called BIG register (e.g. as health psychologist, clinical psychologist or psychotherapist). Additional requirements may exist in order for the chair to assume a similar role in other postmaster contexts, both nationally and internationally.
- The chair is at the forefront of research in the field of evaluation and/or treatment of children and adolescents, as evidenced by important publications, research projects and funding, as well as a strong national and international network. You will also have strong research mentoring skills and commitment: you will be able to lead the research program within the chair and help younger colleagues to further develop their fields of work, while encouraging autonomy and cohesion.
- The Chair is expected to contribute to the Youth Dynamics strategic theme and possibly to other strategic themes and areas of focus. The President is a team player who brings positive interdependence, a proven ability to network with colleagues and a commitment to investing in developing the talents of younger colleagues.
Applicants are evaluated for their overall performance in all four criteria. If a candidate does not yet meet one of the criteria, a training/coaching path can be agreed as part of the recruitment process.
According to current practice at the Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences, 60% of the position is teaching and 40% is research.
Utrecht University values a form of recognition and reward that recognizes the full scope of academic work. Therefore, when assessing the suitability of a candidate, we consider all areas of academic work described in the sectionTRIPLE-Modell(Team spirit, research, impact, professional performance, leadership and education). The candidate is not expected to excel in all areas, quality over quantity.
Within the TRIPLE model, its suitability is ideally illustrated by the following:
- strong commitment to quality and innovation in clinical education;
- proven effectiveness in teaching;
- Leadership skills in curriculum development and monitoring.
- strong research achievements evidenced by high-quality, sustained publications as lead and lead author that have revolutionized the field;
- strong network of international cooperation partners or participation in international research consortia;
- Demonstrated ability to obtain external funding.
- strong ability and commitment to helping colleagues advance their autonomous educational experiences and research directions in ways that complement the Section and Department;
- active social role through participation in professional associations or contribution to social debate.
- Team Orientation: A positive attitude aimed at building collaborations and a proven ability to bond with colleagues and help them further advance their careers.
- proven impact of research and teaching, for example through the dissemination and/or implementation of knowledge by academic and professional peers.
- Experience working with clinical populations;
- network of connections to clinical facilities;
- Ideally: clinical certifications in relevant postmaster contexts.
At Utrecht University we value teamwork over individualism and call for an open academic culture that promotes accountability, reproducibility, integrity and transparency as well as sharing (Open Access, FAIR data and software).
We offer an offer for 0.7-1.0 FTE for five years. In accordance with standard Utrecht University policy and subject to a positive assessment of the results of the first five-year term, this appointment will be followed by a permanent appointment (current professors will receive a permanent appointment with immediate effect).
The gross salary is between €6,099 and €10,721 (H2/H1 scale according to the collective agreement of Dutch universities) per month for a full-time job, depending on previous qualifications and experience. In addition to salaries, there is a holiday bonus of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% per year.
In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent courseworkside conditions, including an attractive pension scheme,professional development, parental leave (partially paid),Sportand flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). For more information, please visitWorks at the University of Utrecht.
About the organization
Sharing science, shaping tomorrow. A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists to lead research and inspiring teaching. InUniversity of Utrecht, the various disciplines work together intensively to achieve great thingsstrategic issues. Our focus is on youth dynamics, institutions for open societies, life sciences and sustainability. you can see that...Visit to the campus of Utrecht Universityto get an impression of our university.
IsCollege of Social and Behavioral Sciencesis one of the leading faculties in Europe for research and academic teaching in the fields of cultural anthropology, educational science, interdisciplinary social sciences, pedagogy, psychology and sociology. Almost 7,000 students are enrolled in a wide variety of fieldsBachelorjGraduatePrograms The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences has approximately 1,100 faculty and staff, all of whom make their individual contribution to the education and training of talented young people and to the study and solution of scientific and social problems.
The faculty strives for diversity among its staff and students and is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all, as can be read at Utrecht University.Equality, Diversity and InclusionPolitics.
The faculty attaches great importance to the fact that its employees can now and in the future be widely deployed in the university organization in order to further professionalize the support of teaching and research. In order to promote this, every employee is given the time and the opportunity to work on projects or work in other departments in the course of their career, for example in the form of training. The qualities that teachers consider important are commitment, collaborative skills and flexibility.
The college is located inScience Park Utrechtnear the historic city center of Utrecht.
For more information about this position, please contact Prof.Alberto Postma(Chairman of the Committee on Clinical Neuropsychology) email@example.com prof.Jack Dennis(Head of the Developmental Psychology Section) firstname.lastname@example.org.
A diagram of the chair ("structuurrapport") is available on request.
Everyone deserves to feel goodheimat our university. We welcome employees from all backgrounds and perspectives.
To apply, please submit your letter of motivation and your curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, using the "Apply" button.
If you know someone who is suitable for this position, please let us know the position.
The first round of interviews will take place in early September. Our preferred start date is March 1, 2024.
The application deadline is August 20, 2023.